|SUNDAY MORNING WORSHIP HOUR AIRING AT
NOON ON WCAW 680 AM AND 95.3 FM
|Spring Fork Missionary Baptist Church is over a hundred and fifty years old. It was established in
1861. It has retained it's name from the very start known as, "The Spring Fork Missionary Baptist
Church". In all these years the church has remained on the same grounds. The church in it's early years
was blown down by wind storms. The second time it was blown down it was demolished. A small
church was erected in 1915. In 1921, a new church was built and dedicated in 1923 debt free.
In 1965, the first addition to the new church was built, sixteen Sunday School Rooms, Pastor's Study,
and a Secretary's office.
In early 1979, the church purchased the Blake property on the hill behind the church and moved the
parsonage there to give room for a new church. The church purchased two tracts of land on the upper
side of the church.
In March 1979, ground was broken for a new church. The second unit was built and connected to the
1965 addition making one of the most beautiful modern churches of the time. On Sunday, July 27,
1980, the new church was dedicated. The old church was torn down and the area was paved and used
for parking. On Palm Sunday, March 31, 1985, a special service and note burning was enjoyed by all
who were present. The Florida Boys sang for this service. We became debt free.
Our prayer is that all of us walk worthy of the Lord.
|The Spring Fork Missionary Baptist Church is Located 1 Mile up